Thursday, March 14, 2013

Personal Challenges and Progress


      Today Jamyang invited me for a yummy lunch. The host or hostess cooks and the guest is left in the sitting room. I got to watch BBS news channel. I have not watched the news for ages . . . I assume the Pope died as the cardinals are voting.

After school I said good-bye to Sonam. She had packed her house and there was not much left. I am making a new friend, an English teacher at the K to 8 school. Unfortunately she will be leaving for Australia in April as her husband has a scholarship to study. They will leave their children, who are about 3 and 5, with her parents. I am going to get to know the kids and spend time with them when she leaves.

The lopen who was deemed to be a reincarnation of an important lama in the past couple of years wants me to help him with his English, as he may be travelling and studying with an important rinpoche. Not sure of all of the details but will be teaching English to a monk. He already speaks English as do all of the teachers.

Teaching seems to be going well. I discovered today that I have one class that is very weak. They had to fill out simple forms with name and parents name etc and I was getting really frustrated until I realized they truly do not understand. They are my homeroom class and much weaker than my other 2 classes. I really want them to have good results and am trying to find a way to really motivate them to work and to learn English.

During the assembly one of the teachers wanted to play with my hair and she braided it. It felt wonderful. I will trim my hair on Friday as it is an auspicious day for cutting hair, nails, fabric and perhaps other things too.

This evening I hand washed clothes, which I do at least twice per week. It takes forever and I am exhausted.

I restarted my yoga routine this morning. I am determined to practice and walk in the mornings. Saturday I hope to begin my Dzongkha lessons with 2 senior students. I also hope to walk can.
 on the mountain.

I do not have access to the internet in a solid way right now so will post when I can.
 
I just spent a half hour uploading volley ball photos movie andpost and deleted with one small error.  aaaarrrgh

No comments:

Post a Comment