Monday, March 11, 2013

One day at a time . . .


. . . and it was a good one.  
International Women's Day March 8th.  Big Assembly. Speeches. Banners.  Great.  The Queen mother has an organization to support women and a female student read her address to the assembly.  Very nice.  Sonam Choden wrote and delivered a speech and so did the principal. There were posters everywhere and a board for students to write their thoughts.  

banner - writing is in chalk
     
     It was a beautiful sunny day that started out cold and windy, as usual, but got warmer and there was no fog at the end of the day.  Very little wind.  My students told me all day that I looked beautiful.  Perhaps because I washed my hair and left it down, who knows.  Sometimes I think they are teasing me and I have no idea.  Good teaching day. One teacher told me he can always hear when I am teaching.  When I asked him to elaborate he said that sometimes it is very quiet in the classroom the classroom and that I have an obvious lust for teaching.  I think I may need to explain the difference between lust and passion.  
     I went to the market at lunch for classroom decorations, i.e. curtains. The main street was full of people and teachers in the nice weather.  Worked on SUPW in our class garden with the students.  It was amusing.  We have a beautiful garden with a peach tree that is in bloom. This evening there is a farewell event for my friend Sonam Choden.  So sad for me.  Off to the event.  Night.

Progress on my new digs.  Check out the beautiful painting around the windows!


No comments:

Post a Comment