Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Morning Assembly


I woke to a beautiful sunny day with snow capped mountains.  The photos do not show how truly amazing the day was.  

     

After my walk I had a tour of the preparation area for the food in the mess hall.  Never seen anything like it.  Massive pots to cook and serve. 


     Morning assembly is fascinating. Very disciplined and I find it quite beautiful.  The chanting of prayer, the seriousness and the formality of the speeches.  I was asked on the spot to speak.  I was not as formulas those who followed me but the students are very enthusiastic to have me.  Everyone in their speeches talked about the CHSS "family"  I guess for boarders this is their family.  
Still chaos in the classrooms.  We unlocked the doors today and my homeroom had been used for the practical Chemistry exam.  There were also text books for 2 grade levels - 20 to 30 texts per kid for all of their subjects  and GARBAGE of all types. We got it swept out and organized.  I managed to hand out books, collect fees and get some desks and chairs.  
Students practiced their dances all afternoon for the cerebration of the King's birthday which will happen on Thursday morning.  The dances are beautiful.  I hope I will be able to capture a tiny bit on video an post it. 
My evening walk today was hand in hand with 3 and 4 year olds and their older siblings or cousins or friends - hard to tell.  We had English lessons and songs (5 green and speckled frogs) and Dzongka lessons for me.  I am all ready with my greetings for my class.  I only hope I can remember to say it all correctly tomorrow!!


I wandered through the renovation of my quarters - it is very cute, progressing quite quickly but heaps left to do.  I get the sense that they are re-doing everything except the bathroom which could truly use some work.  It will be a real little (actually fairly large) home, and very upscale for this village.  Geyser (a hot water tank) and mosaic floors (tile I think). 

No comments:

Post a Comment