Monday, February 4, 2013

Leaving Thimphu

Today was our last day in the capital.  I hiked up to the Buddha before breakfast for the third time.  We had excellent orientation sessions, great wandering around doing last minute things and a pizza dinner.  Last western food for . . . perhaps 11 months.  Met great people. 

I will be going to Whangdi and Punakha for a few days prior to reporting to school.  My apartment is not ready so I will not have internet access until I get to school and do not know how good that will be. So after Tuesday morning (Monday night for you) I will be without contact. 

Take care of each other. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great adventure - thanks again for sharing it with all of us.
    Heather has a special relationship with a big Bald Eagle that lives near our place on the river outside of Nelson. This morning the eagle landed in it's favorite tree, and was looking around for Heather. I expect that he'll be standing watch over you wherever you are. Lots of love from home.

    ReplyDelete