Friday, October 25, 2013

School is different for teachers

Currently we are in the midst of trial exams.  This is a two week session for class 10 and 12 where they write exams very similar to the board exams they will write in December. Some of the teachers have sisters or cousins living with them who are "CE" students.  Continuing Education courses are offered in the evenings for adults to upgrade.  These students may also be looking after babies and young children.  

While they are writing their trial exams, the babies and toddlers come to school with their parents.  

I am going to miss my wee friends.  I was watching two of them through the window as I was invigilating an exam today.  The 3 year old girl was all dressed up in her kira playing in the flower gardens with the 15 month old boy. I play with them on my breaks, read to them a bit and do everything I can to make them laugh.  

Yes my life here is different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment