Thursday, October 31, 2013

English Reading Portfolios

 I was invited, along with the teachers in our English department, to visit the Lower Secondary School (K to 8) yesterday.  The class 8 teacher has done a tremendous amount of work to get her students reading and they presented their portfolios.  One of the judges was away so when I arrived I was asked to judge.  I talked to each student about their reading and  looked through their reading list, portfolio and rough work. 
Their English was very good - better than some of my students in class 9!!  They were the top portfolios in the 3 grade 8 classes.  Kudos for the teacher- she conferences with the students at lunch and during her free time. (prep time we call int in Canada) 




Akari reading student work.


No comments:

Post a Comment