Monday, October 14, 2013

Chukha Tsechu Day 3 part 2


This is the youngest monk I have seen yet.  He looks about 5 or 6, but must be 8 because that is when they are accepted to the monastery.  He is showing and explaining the dances to his even younger friend.  He looks very serene to me.







This monk was feeding zao to the baby.  Zao is roasted rice that we received as part of the blessing after 
walking up past the Thongdrel. 

 A closeup photo of an Atsara (jester).  I realized today that the masks are set high on their heads and they look out of the mouth.  It gives them a taller appearance I find.
Kelly, Bida and Namka's son, has starred in many of my photos.  He is extremely cute and a real charmer. 



Chencho, holding Kelly, is an English teacher and the matron for the girl's hostel.   Below is a close-up of her kira.  The Tsechu is a bit of a fashion show.  Both men and women wear gho and kira that cost a lot of money, or are specially woven for them.  They might buy one or two in their lifetime. 





The four friends  - Chencho, me, Palden and Akari





No comments:

Post a Comment