Friday, October 18, 2013

Morning Thoughts and Chiles

I went for my first morning walk in over 4 weeks today.  I took more photos of chiles.  They fascinate me for no reason other than I saw photos of them in Canada and they did not seem real.  But they are.  The Bhutanese eat unbelievable amounts.  I really thought I would come to be able to eat the chiles as vegetables, but can only manage them as a spice.  A bloody hot spice too.  I make kewa datse which is potatoes and chiles with melted cheese.  I love it.  I put 2 to 4 chiles in a large pot.  The Bhutanese would put 6 to 12 in the same pot.  Chiles are called emma.  Emma datse is chile cheese. The main ingredient being cooked chiles.  

Chiles and mushrooms in the morning light 






Chiles and Chicken anyone? 


A tomatillo tree

1 comment:

  1. When in China I took photos of corn, cabbages and seaweed all drying in many places and some quite unexpected, such as all the steps in the housing area where I lived!!

    ReplyDelete