Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gangtey Palace

     I am feeling like a princess, seriously, once again.  I decided to really take a break for my voice, so came to Paro and am staying at the Gangtey Palace. 
Check it out at:  http://www.gangteypalace.net
     Hot showers, amazing view of the Paro valley and great little bar with 180 degree view.
I came with Nancy Strickland last night and had dinner with 2 Canadians who are here doing workshops for educators.  One of them was a prof of mine at U of Calgary for my masters. 
     I did not bring my camera and am regretting it.  So have to capture all of these beautiful views and flowers and interesting objects in my mind. 
     I am eating heartily and had dessert for 2 meals in a row.  Meat 3 of 4 meals!! Asparagus is in season here so yummy in soups and "butter fried".  A great way to pamper myself and get my voice back.   
Doesn't all of that sound princess-like? 

5 comments:

  1. If all it takes to make you feel like a princess is some buttered asparagus, then I've been wasting my time on all those lavish gifts over the years (ha)

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, Patti has alerted me to your wonderful blog. What an adventurous spirit you have; much courage and insight you will be taking away with you! All the best, will definitely keep in touch!
    Tamara M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see if this works. I am trying to post to your blog. This is a test. I repeat, this is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it worked! Okay, I think I know how to use the blog-o-sphere now, Batman! So I will get the kids to post on to the Kootenay-Bhutan blog-o-connector device, and we shall have many lovely chats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, please try the stone bath!

    ReplyDelete