Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Adventures in Banking

I am not sure I explained my trip to the bank to open an account.   The first thing you encounter is the posted list of members, their account number and their balance.  In the area where there are tellers there are 2 baskets, each with a different type of passbook.  So people with accounts come in, pick up their passbook, go to the teller, do their banking, then place their passbook in a public basket.

Last week I left my bank card in the machine accidentally.  I was pretty worried. Luckily the machines retrieve your card after 30 seconds.  Then I had to track it down.  Currently it is the hands of a person who works at the bank who is living with a teacher at my school.  The teacher will return my card tomorrow.

Today in the vegetable market I said hello to the bank manager..  He asked if he could see my card.  I said actually I think you might know that I left it in the machine.  He then called to make sure it was on it's way to mea and that I did not have to go to the bank to get it.

There has only been currency in the country since the 1960's :)

1 comment: