Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Adventures in Plumbing


The pipe in the bathroom burst it's plug on Tuesday night.  A 3/4 inch pipe spewing water into the bedroom.  Luckily not my bedroom.  Fortunately I am a bit handy.  Went to the woodpile got a chink of wood and a small log/  Pounded the wood into the pipe using the log as a hammer.  Since then it has burst only once I and my repair job is even better.  Funny thing, the pipe that let go was spraying water all along.  Now the bathroom is much drier, although not dry. 
The open drains on the floor are about 4 to 6 inches around, concrete.  Hard to tell the original diameter and the concrete has weathered poorly.  Yesterday I caught a glimpse of a drain inhabitant.  Looked an awful lot like a large rat to me.  Put bricks over the drains. Today I was told how to deal with rats, that I will have them in my new place too :)  I think the best way to deal with them is not to leave any food or garbage out.  It seems to have worked here.  There was lots of sign when I arrived as there is often food on the altars that everyone has in their homes.  Clean up the food and they go elsewhere - the pickings are better.

3 comments:

  1. A drain inhabitant, yikes! Yes, give those rats a reason not to stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is Informative! Keep on sharing. Thank You!

    Please visit Dunsborough plumbing services

    ReplyDelete
  3. At JustRelax, we understand that plumbing emergencies can happen at any time, which is why we offer 24/7 Plumber emergency repair services. Our team is available around the clock to address your plumbing issues quickly and efficiently, so you can relax knowing that help is just a phone call away. -9205996347,

    ReplyDelete