Friday, August 30, 2013

Singing and letter writing

We sang Row row row your boat and had so much fun.  I also did 5 green and speckled frogs with one group.  You have to remember how well I sing . . . tune is not in my vocal vocabulary. 

Today I had them writing letters to unnamed Canadian students.  Patti Humphries' students wrote to mine last April, but I have had no way for the students to look at the letters.  The computer lab has been closed for months because the lab assistant worked as an Elections Officer.  The printers have not been accessible, and we can only print or photocopy 5 or 10 copies anyways.  So I bought a printer, printed out the 30 letters or so . . . and the students went wild!  They are so keen to write letters to Canadian students.  Even my lazy, not interested, do not work and sit at the back of the class types have thrown themselves into this assignment with fervour. 

If anyone wants a pen pal, I have lots!!  Although they are in grade 9, their ages range from 14 to 20.  Some started late or missed years due to family situations or illness. Drop me a line and I will send letters to you or your students! 


No comments:

Post a Comment