Monday, November 4, 2013

School Picnic

Not to be confused with the Class Picnic, the school picnic is for all 700 plus students.  Families of staff members are all invited.   The big event is the food, cooked outside over fires, supervised by the school cooks.  Chopping and stirring by student teams. 

A large tent was erected the day prior to the picnic and loads of firewood were hauled to the site.  It is about a 20 to 30 minute walk from school. As it was a school event, we had to wear National Dress, but not school uniforms.  Students brought clothes to change into for sports. 

What do you do at a picnic?  Hang out, play games sitting in little groups, volleyball, football, dance, sing solos on the BIG sound system, and eat.  There was also frisbee.  I brought 2 and they were in use all day. I forgot . . . another great past time is to ... Take Pictures of all of your Friends - in groups, with teachers - but always posing. 













These are great pictures as the fog was dense.  I could barely see - the white patches between people is actually fog between people not lousy photography. I smiled all day.  The next day Sarah said to me that I was not smiling enough in her photos and I realized my smiley muscles were tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment