Monday, May 20, 2013

Insects and Tests

My classroom is small, the students are squished together two or three to a desk. Tests are a problem, so we go outside to the assembly ground to write. Today it was hot and sunny, if you can believe it the students do not like going out to write when it is hot.  After a wet night there are these bugs that look and behave like earwigs, but are larger and all black.  For each period that I was outside with a test, an earwig emerged from another part of my dress.  My neck my wrist, my hair.  The students and other teachers do not like these bugs - so it is not just me who is a bit squeamish when it comes to earwigs. 

A hot sunny day.  I walked the trail to the Dzong at lunch to go to Telecom  and I now have broadband (a telephone line) Internet.  I can Skype, download and everything.  At all hours.  I am promising myself I will not stay up all night tonite on the computer.  Too many tests to mark!! 

On my walk, I was in bare feet and sandals.  When I was out of view I hiked my kira up above my knees.  It was a glorious day.  Now I am in a turtleneck and have the heat on in my room.  More to cut the damp than the cold.  Mountain weather.  It is hard to believe the damp. My towels were out in the sun and the wind all day and right now they are clammy wet.  Pages sometimes tear or disintegrate it is so humid. 

I do not think the itchies are fleas anymore.  Palden was just here and she is going CRAZY  with a similar thing to me.  Small bumps all over that turn to large flea-like bumps after you scratch. But we have so many and they only flare during certain parts of the day.  Also I cannot find a flea and for the number of "bites" I have they should be evident.  Palden has done all of the blanket washing and things that I have!!  

1 comment:

  1. HI Heather - I have whatever you have too - I have bites all over and they flare up mainly at night, but I see no evidence of fleas or anything here, we basically have no insect life at all. But very annoying. Let me know if you find out!

    ReplyDelete