Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Anecdotes


I asked where a student was.  Response: "Toilet ma'am, shooting diarrhea ma'am." I explained the expression TMI  - too much information. 

I went to pick up my plastic handled book bag after class and it was dripping wet.  Went to put on a sweater in the staff room and looked up to the ceiling for a leak.  None.  When the fog rolls in (almost every afternoon), it is so humid and clammy that everything becomes damp.  A new kind of damp for me. 

There are these large thunderstorms that sometimes cover the entire country and last night I thought that what it was.  So dark.  So . . . stormy.  But no, just past Chapcha (20k north) it was not raining and had not rained.  Our poor students, yesterday was sports day and the basketball and volleyball are outside.  It poured on their final matches.  Which they won!  The uniforms are fluorescent green, easier to see the players in the fog.  Unbelievable but true. 

Sports day took me to the badminton hall.  I was a bit bummed as it was t-shirt weather outside by 8:30 am.  Sunny, warm. Yum.  However the other teams had not arrived and so I played badminton to help warm up the team members.  I loved the action, movement and working up a sweat. When I went out to organize tea, I had to put on another layer.  After lunch I needed 4 layers plus raincoat and umbrella :) 

New challenge: fleas.  Actually I think I brought them home from a hotel 2 weeks ago when I had crazy itchiness and bites.  Now they are here.  I had just recovered from the last round of scratching and it starts again.  How to get rid of them I do not know. 

Living alone:  I cannot believe that I am still using the 2 tubes of toothpaste I brought from home 3 months later.  One bar of soap.  Washing in a bucket my clothes never come clean.  Do not know why.   Scrub, scrub - a - dub. 

Hoping to go to a large book fair where librarians and English teachers purchase books for the school library.  Tomorrow I will be doing professional development for English teachers at the local Lower Secondary School.  I need to plan so good night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment