Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thanks to my loyal readers

I just want to say thanks to everyone who is following me.  The stats are incredible. 

Had a rough day today what with my gas cylinder leaking, having had to replace it and now the regulator.  The fumes gave me a brutal headache and it kept me up all night.  Funny how these things happen when you have big deadlines.  Exam papers are due tomorrow.  I was not trying to leave them until the last minute, but will be bumping along in the morning. I am wondering if Bhutan stretchable time applies in situations like these? 

I went to morning study to day to see a student and got soaked to the skin, with an umbrella and a raincoat.  My kira was soaked to my knees.  I keep thinking the rainy season has begun and then a new level of humidity hits :) 

Fun things:  A local woman arrived at my door yesterday morning with a traditional basket on her back full of fresh local broccoli.  I am doing a remedial English class and the top students have starting showing up. I got locked out of the staff room after school where I had left my keys, books, computer, phone, all important umbrella.  The guys (teachers) were playing volleyball in the mud and fog. I ate so much Thai vegetable curry tonight that I can actually use the Bhutanese phrase "I am fully packed". 

Nite all - I should really work on the exam paper. . . but will probably sleep and stretch time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment