Thursday, June 6, 2013

In Search of Dawa Koto

     In class 9 the students read Dawa, The Story of a Stray Dog in Bhutan.  Today I started taking photos of the stray dogs to find Dawa for my students.  I had no idea that some dogs do not like having their photo taken and object by running after you and barking.  One dog stopped and posed for me! 

     The weather is more changeable than in the Kootenays.  I truly live in a cloud close to heaven and the mist goes drifting by.  This evening it cleared and the clouds and mountains are indescribably beautiful.  Maybe because they are so much nicer than the fog??!! 

     I blushed today.  My students have to submit their portfolio to me in person They have signed up for a 10 minute block of time during lunch or after school in groups of three.  I get the sense that this is very strange for them- to sit with a teacher and talk about their work, although I know they must have done it in elementary school. They love to write poems and one student had written about me - because I am unforgettable!! Blush blush.  

     I was mobbed during gardening today as students are trying to get information from me about their exam.  They have studied 2 short stories and only one is on the exam.  I absolutely will not tell them which story it is, but they keep trying to trick me into telling them.  

     All in all a fun teaching day, my Head of Department observed one of my lessons. 


Posing . . . Dawa has mange too


No comments:

Post a Comment