Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sam Roi Yod and area

Today I rented a cute little bike and pedalled my way along the road to a National Park. I had to pay entry into the park in order to to hike over the mountain and sweat a lot. Half way over a gang of young boys adopted me. They “showed me the way” although it was IMPOSSIBLE to get lost. The park is famous for a cave. Kings long ago (??) discovered it and had a shrine built inside. It is well visited by Thai tourists and I think that the spendour of the past – with stalactites and stalagmites, are all but gone. I still found it to be incredible.

The beach where it is situated is out of this world, although I am beginning to see that Thai beaches are . . just like that.  

Beach I left for the hike 

Beach I went to 

View from the height of land on the walk 


My tour guides 

Inside the cave

Shrine

National Park beach  yum 



No comments:

Post a Comment