Saturday, January 26, 2013

People

Today I was walking down the street alone.  A young Bhutanese woman asked if I would walk with her.  As we walked we shared where we were going, a bit about where we are from and our work. She is 21 years old, finished year 12 and working at an office in the city.  She enjoys her work and is not keen on going to university to do her Bachelor of Commerce degree, which her parents would like her to do. 

She seemed surprised that I was going shopping alone and so helped me to buy some household items.  I am not sure she appreciated why I bought a beach towel with the Barcelona soccer team emblem on it  :) 

She explained that she was walking with me because she thought that if she were in my country alone she would like to have someone walk with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment